2. Elective Course for BTech in Food Processing/Technology/Biotechnology
As per New Education Policy, skill component should be an integral part of general education program
where students will receive credit. FICSI has identified few futuristic job roles which are aligned
with the future demand of jobs. Students who are already pursuing courses in food processing can
easily adopt these skill-based courses for better future opportunity and additional certification.
FICSI has designed below mentioned skill-based courses which can be easily incorporated in the
existing graduation program (B.tech/B.Sc Food Processing Program ).
Salient Features of the course:
- This skill based elective courses can be selected by B.Tech/B.Sc students who are already
pursuing degree in food technology with science background
- The courses have been designed with minimal requirement of lab facility. Some of the courses
does not even require lab facility
- FICSI will provide model curriculum and content of the program which are already aligned with
NSQF and approved by NCVET
- FICSI will undertake assessment of these qualifications for Skill component and provide Govt
recognized NCVET -Skill India certificates.