Understanding the Food Safety and Standards (Packaging and Labelling) Regulations, 2011 Course
This food safety course helps you understand the various guidelines laid down under the Food Safety and Standards (FSS)Regulation, 2011 for Packaging and Labelling requirements of all packaged food products. Packaging plays an essential role in protecting the food product, delivering them safely to the end-user/consumer and keeping the end-users/consumers informed as per legal obligations. FSSAI had set two separate sets of regulations – Packaging Regulation, 2018 and Labelling & Display Regulation, 2020.
This course is ideal for food business operators, food industry professionals and students willing to enter the industry, looking for jobs in the packaged food industry or planning to start a packaged food business.
Why this course?
According to the Packaging Regulation, 2018 all types of material used in packaging food product should adhere to standards prescribed by FSSAI. Every packaged food should be labelled with information as per Labelling and Display Regulation, 2020.
Who can benefit from this food safety course?
This course provides insight into Food Safety and Standards Regulations, 2011, dealing with packaging and labelling (Packaging Regulation, 2018 and Labelling & Display Regulation, 2020). The course objectives are to help you understand:
- General requirements for packaging of food products
- Specific Requirements for Primary food packaging
- General requirements for labelling of food products
- Special requirements/restrictions for labelling food products
- Mandatory declarations on product labels for food items
- Exemptions from certain labelling requirements
- Advertising restrictions related to food items
- Exemptions from labelling requirement for certain foods
- Display of information in food service establishments
- - Students in their final year of degree/diploma course looking for a career in the food industry
- - Mid to senior level employees in the food sector
- - Entrepreneurs working in the food sector
- - Food handlers and food professionals
Details of this food safety training by FICSI
- Duration: 8 hours
- Mode: Online/Offline
- Language: English/Hindi
- Certificate: Awarded by FICSI
Note: No refund allowed, however in exceptional circumstances. Refund can be considered provided request is received from participant 48 hours before start of training