Food Industry Capacity & Skill Initiative (FICSI)—widely known as Food Processing Sector Skill Council—is a Not-for-Profit Organization, registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The organization Promoted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) with financial support by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
“Creating a robust and vibrant eco-system for quality education and skill development in the Food Processing Sector in the country”.
To ensure that the Food Processing industry is able to grow with skilled manpower, increase productivity and profitability.
Aiming at generating a critical mass of industry-employable-skilled-persons to meet the skill gap in the Food Processing industry, FICSI inter-alia is mandated to:
- Identification of skill development needs including preparing a catalogue of types of skills, range and depth of skills to facilitate individuals to choose from them.
- Development of a sector skill development plan and maintain skill inventory.
- Determining skills/competency standards and qualifications and getting them notified as per NSQF.
- Standardization of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification process in accordance with NSQF as determined by NSQC. May also conduct skill based assessment and certification for QP /NOS aligned training programs.
- Participation in the setting up of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification norms for their respective sectors.
- Plan and facilitate the execution of Training of Trainers along with NSDC and States.
- Promotion of academies of excellence.
- Lay special emphasis on the skilling needs of ST/SC, differently abled and minority populations
- Ensure that the persons trained and skilled in accordance with the norms laid down by them are assured of employment at decent wages.