It is true that food is the elixir of life and also your thriving force and sustenance. But, this food can also be a life propagator and also a lethal killer. Foodborne problems are many, and one of the greatest snares for food companies is allergens present in the food. An allergy is mainly the intolerance of food protein by your body.
We at FICSI will train our aspirants on the allergen policy so that they can handle such scenarios while working in the food processing industry. Allergies can be mild, severe or even can cause death because of anaphylaxis.
It is always the duty of the food producers to ensure that their products are not consumed by an allergic person. The allergic individuals show various impacts on the consumption of specific allergy-causing foods like eggs, peanuts, gluten in milk and wheat, and so on. Our training modules and certifications will help to create food producers skilled enough to work in those processing industries.
Useful Resources: Food Safety Auditor Course Online | Taccp Food Defense | Haccp Certification
Food allergies and their vitalities:
People, who are allergic to some food items, might have to take precautions while consuming any specified item that will contain allergens. They have to rely on the ingredient descriptions provided on the product label. It needs to be taken seriously to provide all the major information on the label to prevent unwanted allergens that might result in the death of an individual.
Managing the allergens:
One major way to manage allergens is by the allergen management system, and we have training modules on that from FICSI. It is one food safety initiative by the food company to express its interest in some effective allergen management program and displays its seriousness in ensuring that consumers are enjoying safe food.
- The allergen control plan is mostly a written document presented by the company that involves handling, storage, packaging, processing and identification of allergenic foods and the ingredients.
- This control plan must be enforced, audited and then upgraded on a regular basis.
- When the plan gets updated, the company needs to be informed of the updated plan. So, the company should know if there is an introduction of a new product, changes in the process and if a new person is hired.
- The company should also know if there is any change in the responsibility of the currently working personnel.
- Every person in the factory needs to be informed about their role in the current allergen control plan. It will be done in an effective manner through documented training.
A possible allergen management policy can always be suggested, and that proves to be useful for firms which are focusing on allergenic products. It is not going to be a comprehensive plan but will be useful for framing a background for the development of an effective version of the allergen control plan.
Learning the fundamentals:
There are some fundamentals associated with allergen contamination, and we at FICSI will help you to learn more about those points through our training modules. So, join our centres now and be a part of our program to help get better jobs in the food processing industry.